[mythtv-users] xine and audio/video sync

Kevin Prudente brewdente at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 24 01:44:59 UTC 2006

Thanks, that definately works!  Now I don't think I'll
dread watching
DVDs anymore.  I used to not have this problem with a
previous mythtv
box that I had (FC4, mythtv 0.19, xine ?.??).  Now
that I built a new
one, well ... at least the problem is able to be dealt
with now.  One of
the other things I've noticed is that menu navigation
in xine, using the
remote, is kind of random.  'Event-Left' and
'Event-Right' don't really
help me navigate the menus that easily.  Has anyone a
fix for this too?

Marco Nelissen wrote:
>> I'm using xine (v0.99.4) to watch my DVDs, stored
as
>> *.iso.  My audio
>> and video are annoyingly out of sync.  Sometimes is
>> millisecond and
>> virtually undetectable, other times the differences
>> is, at most, a
>> second.  I've tried to change the audio/video sync
>> method in the xine
>> configuration, but it seems that changing that
offers
>> little/no
>> improvement.  I've watched the *.iso's in mplayer
and
>> the video/audio is
>> synced perfectly.  Am I better off just switching
>> mplayer to watch my
>> iso files, or is there something I may be able to
do
>> to fix this issue?
>>

> I had the same problem, What I ended up doing was to
map
> two buttons to 'AudioVideoDecay-' and
'AudioVideoDecay+',
> and I use those to adjust audio sync while playing.
For
> some reason that works while the option in the xine
prefs