[mythtv-users] View original recording instead of transcoded recording

David Power davidmpower at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 14:29:23 UTC 2006

I would also like to automatically transcode all recordings into a
small file format (one person wants to view the recordings on their
portable video device), but I would like MythTV to continue to show me
the original recording as the default file under "Watch Recordings" on
the main MythTV program.

 Does MythTV assume that the recording I want to view under "Watch
Recordings" is the transcoded file, and if so, how can I make it
default back to the original file?  Thanks for any tips.

 DavidMPower [at] gmail [dot] com