[mythtv-users] playback quality problems on Nvidia 7NIF2

Jay jay at donoghue.org
Thu Dec 21 17:47:07 UTC 2006

On 12/20/06, mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com <
mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com> wrote:

> a) were you using dual channel mode

b) how much RAM did you have, in what config (1 stick, 2, etc.)

I have 512MB total RAM -- 2 sticks of 256MB.  Its not running in dual
channel mode, and I believe its also PC2700

c) and how much did you have dedicated to the nvidia onboard?

I had it maxed out at 64MB

Previously I was using the PVR350 output for my TV.  Going to HD is when I
tried using the onboard video.  Standard Def was fine, but HD had lots of
lags and tearing.  Compiling in XvMC and using Bob to deinterlace now, and
things look much better.  I'll be switching to the DVI out this weekend..
hopefully with the same results.