[mythtv-users] Hyper remote and other questions

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 16:46:43 UTC 2006

> However, some things are a little funky since I switched from the
> PVR-150 remote (I split my FE/BE to two separate machines).  For one,
> the remote seems extra hyper.  I mean, if I hit "go back", it seems to
> act as if I hit the button 2 or sometimes 3 consecutive times in a row.
> Same goes with the number keys (I have to be really careful, otherwise I
> might tune in 224 instead of 245).  I see in the .lircrc file that there
> is a "repeat" value.. what does that do?

http://www.lirc.org/html/configure.html#lircrc_format

repeat - tells the program what shall happen if a key is repeated. A value
of zero tells the program to ignore repeated keys. Any other positive value
'n' tells the program to pass the config string every 'n'-th time to the
according application, when a key is repeated. The default for repeat is
zero.

Generally speaking, I set my repeat to a value of 2 for all keys.  Though,
for some (like exit, last, etc), you probably want it set to 0.

Also, I somehow lost the ability to tune to a channel via the program
> guide when watching livetv.  I swear I was able to do this prior to
> moving over to the new equipment, but I don't know what I did to undo
> this and I don't know what controls that.  Any pointers in the right
> direction would be much appreciated!  :)

Well, by default, when you hit 'enter' on an item in the guide, it will
bring up the info menu for that entry.  There's a frontend configuration
item somewhere (I believe in the Guide configuration settings) that
instructs Myth to tune to the channel if 'enter' is pressed on it, which is
likely the behaviour you want.

Brett.