[mythtv-users] Playing divx files from a DVD

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 15:16:13 UTC 2006

> (1) Create a special directory underneath your media library dirctory
>    for mounting DVD's, CD's.
>
> (2) Mount the disk.
>
> (3) You can now use "Media Library"-> "Watch Videos" to navigate to the
>    files and watch them.

I assume this includes you having browse mode on? I would like to use
this method, but I need to use the metadata mode because most of the
videos are stored on samba shares on computers that aren't always on.
These are accessed using automount, so I would be happy to put a cdrom
entry under there, but you would have to switch to browse mode every
time wouldn't you?

Robin