[mythtv-users] mythweb stream .htaccess

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Dec 21 07:39:22 UTC 2006

koen mythtv wrote:
> I want to start streaming my music collection from mythweb.
> but when i load a playlist xmms says 401 authorisation required.
>
> I secured mythweb with .htaccess and digest method.
> How do i 'open' the mythweb/music directory so that i can stream?
>
> I tried following the howto in the wiki for mythweb securing but that does
> not work for me.

Just thought I'd let people know that I added some stuff to the apache
conf file in svn trunk that should let music streaming work.  Basically,
I put in a couple of overrides that disable authentication for a couple
of specific URLs.  I also added an override for those who run MythWeb
over https, since it seems that most music players don't touch https.
That does, of course, mean that you essentially have to run two copies
of MythWeb.

-Chris