[mythtv-users] rf keyboards

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Thu Dec 21 05:32:33 UTC 2006

Scott Alfter wrote:

> I've been using the BTC 9019URF for a while:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16823110001

I've got the same keyboard, works well.  I picked mine up at ergogeek:

http://ergogeek.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=233

There are a few things that I'm not crazy about:

The receiver is a small box that sits at the end of a USB cable

The keyboard is closer to a laptop layout than a typical 101 key in
layout and feel, which often throws me off when working on the machine
directly.

It's somewhat tricky to do any precision 'mousing' with the stick
(machine maintenance, too lazy to go to another machine and ssh in for a
trivial tweak).

Otherwise, I like it a lot.  Even works fine through a wall, battery
life seems to be pretty good as well.

*snip*

> it with games and such.  I suspect the buttons across the top could be made to
> work by tweaking xmodmap or whatever, but I've not gotten around to doing that.

I'm currently using xhkeys for mine.