[mythtv-users] Is this hardware sufficient?

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 19 21:15:19 UTC 2006

>On 12/19/06, greg at nodecam.com <greg at nodecam.com> wrote:
>>
>>I run on an AMD64 3200+, and I am able to play back 1080i and 720p without
>>XvMC.  I've got it scaled to 800x600 because that's what my projector's
>>resolution is, but I would think that would add to the requirements rather
>>than reduce them.
>

>Greg,
>
>  What version of Myth are you running?  My completely anecdotal
>information
>indicates that older versions perform better on older hardware and I'm just
>curious if you follow that trend or not.
>
>--
>Mike

I'm running an AMD64 3200+ as well for HD playback.  All my output is scaled
to 720p.  I'm running SVN from a few days ago.  That said I wouldn't
recommend a 3200 without XvMC as it's just barely keeping up (20-25% idle).
  Also, sometimes after a commskip the playback becomes choppy.  With XvMC I
get 40% idle and no choppiness after skips.

Jake