[mythtv-users] Trouble with Asus TV FM video (xawtv works)

Martin Hicks mort at bork.org
Mon Dec 18 16:04:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my Asus TV FM analog capture card.

doing xawtv -xv -nodga -c /dev/video_asus -C /dev/dsp_asus

gives me video, but in mythtv I get almost-horizontal broken video.  The
image is not identifiable.  Channel changing moves to other channels and
all that stuff...

I've configured the tuner in mythtv to be an analog card, and have
specified the correct video and dsp device as I've specified above.  I
don't see any useful errors in mythtvbackend.log

Ubuntu 6.10 using their 2.6.17.x kernel
mythtv 0.20 package from ubuntu repo.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  I couldn't find anything useful in the
archives, and I don't even really know how to properly describe the
problem.

mh

--
Martin Hicks || mort at bork.org || PGP/GnuPG: 0x4C7F2BEE