[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause with HD - really... no kidding...

devsk funtoos at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 18:06:15 UTC 2006

one possible configuration setting that people with high CPU usage should try is the kernel config parameter HZ. By default I think it is set to 1000 in 2.6 kernels. I use a value of 250 and my CPU usage stays at 10% on my x2 3800 with SD content with XvMC and 9631 drivers, and 24 color depth. I don't have HD content to try it. But I won't expect it to be anywhere near 100%.

-devsk