[mythtv-users] Mythvideo & UTF8

Andrew Chuah hachuah at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 16:08:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

I got this working previously in 0.18, but am unable to get it working
again now that I've moved to Gentoo and re-installed Myth from SVN.

My question:
Is anyone using mythvideo with files with UTF8 characters, and is it
working? I think it should be, but for the life of me can't get it to
work. The characters show up ok in Konqueror & konsole, so I know that
my locales, etc. are set correctly. What else do I need to do to get
mythvideo to play and recognize UTF8 filenames? Currently it just
shows them as ????

Help would be greatly appreciated... I've looked through the maillist
already, but there doesn't seem to be any howtos/posts on getting Myth
to run with UTF8.

thx
andrew