[mythtv-users] IMDB lookups cause crash

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 01:12:30 UTC 2006

> The option allows for explicit symbol visibility (with an option to hide all
> inlines). The actual cause of the ATI + DRI + gcc + MythVideo crash is that
> when the DRI layer is loaded MythVideo finds a chunk of the wrong
> std::vector<int> implementation, the one in ATI's DRI layer, the one that
> uses an older libc. It finds this because the promise of symbol versioning
> is more lie than promise (template instantiations are not versioned).
>
> When you build Myth (from SVN) just add the --enable-symbol-visibility
> option when running configure.

Thanks for the explanation, I ended up just disabling DRI, removing
the videos and updating the database followed by re-enabling DRI and
having it re-add the videos.  Everything is working again, at least to
what was working before.

If it could help you guys out I can run the compile on a frontend only
machine that also has ATI graphics, but not the one with the frontend
and backend.
--
Bradley Remedios
bremedios at gmail.com