[mythtv-users] Offset all recordings by a few minutes

Doug Meredith doug.meredith at skyridge.com
Fri Dec 15 20:38:55 UTC 2006

Hi David,
> I have a problem with my recordings starting and ending a few minutes
> late.  This means the start of the show is cut off and we get extra at
> the end.  My clock is set by ntp so it is as accurate as I can get it.
>
> I saw a feature request on the wiki at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Feature_Wishlist_(Backend_Addons)#Intelligent_Scheduling
> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Feature_Wishlist_%28Backend_Addons%29#Intelligent_Scheduling>
> to add the ability to adjust the time by a few minutes for starting
> and ending recording for all recordings.  Has this been implemented or
> has anyone encountered this problem as well and come up with a
> work-around?  Currently I have turned of ntp and manually adjusted the
> clock ahead a few minutes.
It seems really unlikely that all of your channels are off by the same
amount.  Have you used ntpq to verify that the time is really being set
with NTP?  Try "ntpq -p".  Look for and entry with an "*" beside it.
Look at the "offset" column in this row.  This is how many ms your clock
is off.  You should normally see something less than 100.

Doug