[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Updating two datasources with a single xmltv file

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Dec 15 17:35:53 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 18:55 +0000, Nick Morrott wrote:
> I am currently receiving EIT listings on my EIT enabled DVB video
> source, but I want to know if it possible to also apply this data
> against the channels on any non-DVB sources I have? Is it the case of
> enabling useeit for the cable video source and useonairguide for those
> radio channels? I am worried that the EIT data can only be applied
> against a video source that is attached to an EIT-capable card.
In theory you can do this. First, set the transport stream id,
network id, and service id for the channel on the non-EIT source.
Second, check the "Cross Source EIT" checkbox in the EIT Scanner
options in mythtv-setup in the General section. I've never used
this myself, but this feature was implemented by someone with
a DVB-S setup where one transport provided the EIT for all his
sources.

> Also, are there any plans to limit the number of cards that are tied
> up when the EIT scanner is in operation, or when the scanner runs?
Yes, Janne is currently working on this. It's a pretty large job
to get this correct for all the different EIT sources and we've
been slowly adding all the pieces for this to work properly over
the last nine months or so.

> Thanks for the correct option. As the option's usage states:
> "For running non-destructive updates on the database for users > in
xmltv zones that do not provide channel data"
> are there any downsides (in terms of potential database bloat) > to
using this switch?

I have no idea, I've been using DataDirect for a while now.
I only use XMLTV when testing modifications to mythfilldatabase
so I don't know much about the details of how XMLTV works.
My guess is that it will only insert data for channels that
already exist in the database so bloat will not be a problem.

-- Daniel