[mythtv-users] Audio, but No Volume Control

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 15 00:08:59 UTC 2006

On 12/14/2006 03:35 PM, Mr. Demeanour wrote:
> I had the audio device set to ALSA:default, and the mixer device was set
> to /dev/mixer. Someone said (in a throwaway remark, I think; but I noted
> it) that the mixer should also be set to ALSA:default.

Actually, audio device should be "ALSA:default" and mixer should be
"default" (both without quotes).  However, due to popular user error,
MythTV will detect the improper "ALSA:default" and just use "default",
instead--meaning it works even with the technically-incorrect
"ALSA:default" setting for mixer.

Mike