[mythtv-users] Error was encountered while displaying video

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 13 09:07:01 UTC 2006

Mike Dent wrote:
> Firstly appologies for the long post.... debug information included!!
[...]
> Any help is very welcome,

I see this also happen every few hours to once per hour or so.
The DVB BER has come down after some adjustments to 000xx (sometimes 001xx).
UNC is always 0 but this does not say much. Still the error happens.
I guesss that the BER needs to go down even more.

OTOH: The small Samsung DVB receiver box that i saw at my parents' is
much more resistant to bad DVB signals. How bad the stuff is it keeps
displaying what it receives. It does not stop with an error. If signal
improves the picture improves. (yes, we're talking bad signal here)

So reception needs to improve but also changes on mythfrontend are needed.