[mythtv-users] Basics of Mulit Drive, Partitioning, File Sytems

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Dec 12 22:45:55 UTC 2006

Mitchell Gore wrote:
> I always use the same swap space as RAM.
>
> I would for sure use LVM.  That way you can create a virtual harddrive
> to save your recordings to.  Myth can only save recordings to one
> folder.  So if you dont use LVM you would not be able to use all the
> storage.

Not true with current SVN. Storage Group support was just added, which
allows any number of storage locations, both local and remote, and the
intelligence to figure out the best one to use at any given time. No
need for files system resizing, just add a drive (or NFS mount, or CIFS
mount) and tell Myth it's available as storage.

Tom