[mythtv-users] 2 different remote configuration

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Tue Dec 12 16:57:32 UTC 2006

MythTV 0.20
Ubuntu Edgy
2.6.18 kernel
PVR-500 MCE Edition (includes Hauppauge remote)

I have the above all working.
I also have an older DirecTV RCA remote control with almost all the same
buttons as what comes on my Hauppuage.  The advantage with the RCA remote is
it can control more devices (TV VCR and so on).

Since I have everything working with some very good WAF (plus D[aughter]AF)
I wanted to try to enable the DirecTV RCA remote and keep the other remote
functional at the same time.

Currently I am using the lirc_mceusb2 driver for the Hauppauge.

Is this possible?
Do I have to load additional remote lirc modules?
I only have the IR Receiver that comes with the Hauppauge remote, it seems
to register RF signals from the DirecTV remote.
Do I have to combine two different lircd.conf files?
How does this affect my lircrc?

Has anyone else already done something like this?

Suggestions and pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave