[mythtv-users] MythWeb Backend Status crashes backend

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 05:58:29 UTC 2006

On 12/12/06, John <jharitos at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I believe this use to work for me in 0.19 but when I
> upgraded to 0.20 the problem started. I can't figure
> out what the problem is. I have allow_fopen on in my
> php.ini. I also have the mod_env and mod_rewite module
> turned on in apache. When I click on backend status,
> the system tries to connect and then I get an error
> that says file_get_contents failed in handler.php
> failed to get http stream. The backend crashes and I
> get a fatal flex error in the backend log. Anyone know
> how to fix this? I can view the status through mythfrontend.

I have had this happen quite a few times since I have upgraded to
mythtv-0.20, I am not sure what causes it but I surely know to be
careful when running the status and if it does not return a result
this probably means that the master backend has crashed. Although
thinking of it this has not happened to me in a few weeks so maybe
there was a fix. I build mythtv from the svn code every 2 to 4 weeks.
Right now I am running 0.20.20061204-1 svn 12203.

John