[mythtv-users] anyone using mythphone on a machine with a pvr-x50?

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 14:49:04 UTC 2006

On 12/10/06, Frank Lynch <frank.lynch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I'm wondering if anyone is out there using a PVR-350 along with a
> mythphone (using a webcam) ?
>
> I've been running Fedora Core 4 here for the longest time, but I
> cannot get my webcam to show up under gnome-meeting or mythphone, I'm
> thinking that there is some odd conflict that FC4 is unable to
> resolve. These webcams work just fine on my laptop (running ubuntu
> edgy), so I'm wondering if there is a trick to getting webcams to play
> nice with ivtv and the hauppage cards, or maybe I should just move my
> myth system over to edgy, and perhaps things will magically work?
>
> I'd love to hear from some users that are running myth with a pvr-x50
> and mythphone (with a web cam). I'm trying to find the o/s that
> supports this setup with the minimum amount of tweaking.
> cheers,
> --Frank

I bet it is the difference in kernel versions and the distros. Upgrading and
migrating to Edgy would probably fix the issue. I was running it on Dapper
with at PVR 150 and PVR 500 with no problems. I am still trying to find a
good mic if anyone knows of a good one that will pickup something the size
of a living room good.

Allan