[mythtv-users] Changing resolution for SD vs HD content

nik gibson nik.gibson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 06:37:24 UTC 2006

I recently upgraded to an HD capable TV and what little HD content I
can pull over firewire looks fantastic.  Unfortunately the majority of
the shows I watch are still in SD and they now look AWFUL.
Is there any way to change the resolution on the fly (perhaps using
xrandr) for SD vs HD content?  If I could drop the resolution down
when watching SD content maybe it would look reasonable.
I'm pulling my SD content from a PVR 350 and from firewire, the
content from the 350 looks especially bad since the upgrade.

Thanks