[mythtv-users] HDTV test & questions

Jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Fri Dec 8 20:49:42 UTC 2006

> I am thinking about buying a HDTV capture card for OTA ATSC broadcasts.  I am not sure which card to buy.  At one point I bought the Fusion card but couldnt get it to work in linux and windows it would lock onto channels.  Even though i am only 13 milesf from the tower.  Anyways...
>
> Which card would you recommend?  I am looking at the pcHDTV 5500 or the AirStar 5000.  Is the pcHDTV worth the extra $35 over the airstart?

I am involved with the HDHomeRun - it might be a good fit:
http://www.silicondust.com/
> How hard are these card to integrate into a working myth box with a pvr150 connected to cable tv?
> is it as simple as...
> 1.  Create a new lineup at Zap2It. (and disable SD channels on cable that i get OTA)
> 2.  install firmware
> 3.  configure new card in mythsetup
> 4.  fun mythfilldatabase

If you are running OTA analog on your old card, plus digital with your
new setup then you will need two lineups - one for each.
Zap2it doesn't support this on one account so you may need to create a
second zap2it account.

Nick