[mythtv-users] IVTV 0.8.1 and PVR 500 with new Samsung, tuners

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 17:31:38 UTC 2006

On 12/7/06, Justin Luitjens <luitjens at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> Have you tried playing with the PCI slot that the card is in?  I
> couldn't get my PVR-500 to boot until I had all my cards in just the
> right slots and stopped using my promise card.  The PVR-500 has its own
> bus which confuses some motherboards (namely some asus ones).  Anyway it
> is worth a shot.

I have tried everything from shielding to amplfiying the signal to
attenuating the signal and the thing that gives the best picture is to
attenuate a strong signal by putting splitters between the signal and
the cable line using only the output ports. When you get your signal
weak enough the herringbone pattern will go away on most channels
except those around 45 + or - 3.

John