[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: X-Gaming Joystick for MythGame

Preston Crow pc-mythtv06c at crowcastle.net
Thu Dec 7 16:35:46 UTC 2006

> > I'm thinking of buying the X-Gaming X-Arcade Dual Joystick
> > (http://www.xgaming.com/two-player.shtml).  Do any of you guys have
> > experience with this, and specifically using it within MythGame (xmame)
> > without issues?  Hopefully it's supported out-of-the-box (no kernel
> > recompiling or something crazy to get it to work...) in FC5...

It should work great for xmame, as that is the primary target for the
device.  I've avoided getting one, though, because my understanding is
that it works by acting as a keyboard, so I don't see how it would work
with computer emulators (Atari 800, C64, or such).

If someone has it working well with an Atari800 emulator, then I might
need one; in the mean time, I've got a Stelladapter on my Christmas
list.