[mythtv-users] UK EPG ITV Channels Problem

Mr. Demeanour mrdemeanour at jackpot.uk.net
Thu Dec 7 09:54:43 UTC 2006

Mr. Demeanour wrote:
> Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>> Here endeth the lesson on EIT data :)
>
> Cool, thank you!
>
> I was aware that tv_grab_dvb was taking a snapshot, and that the
> content varied over time; this was apparent from the way 'gaps' would
> be filled in by successive runs.
>
> I wasn't aware of what you have said about the six sources, nor of
> the way the scanner works with them to capture 'best' information.
> From what you've said, it's clear that I need to get the built-in
> scanner working if I want reliable, complete data.

So, I switched on the EIT for all the channels I'm interested in; and
whaddya know, it 'just worked'. It filled in the data for the missing
ITV channels (which tv_grab_dvb was missing, despite being run 6 times,
once for each multiplex); and it was quick.

I'm certain that it didn't used to work at all; I can't say what's
changed, but this is a good outcome. Thanks guys.

--
Jack.