[mythtv-users] LIRC/Remote Troubleshooting

mythusers at freakzilla.com mythusers at freakzilla.com
Wed Dec 6 07:42:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Aaron Blew wrote:

> What versions of the kernel are you guys running?  Could this be an ivtv vs.
> the kernel or lircd vs the kernel issue?

I was having a similar problem - that's really why I subscribed to the
list! But I figured it out as soon as the confirmation came in - turned
out my ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc was fragged.

I'm running kernel 2.6.19 on debian, with whatever lirc was in cvs five
days ago.

Make sure the correct lirc module is loading. I had to manually push
lirc_serial in there and then start lircd.

Do test with mode2 and/or irw to make sure the correct codes are being
received by the computer.

Lastly, my lirc device was /dev/licd0 rather than /dev/lirc. Rather than
messing with udev I just symlinked /dev/lirc0 to /dev/lirc.

After all that I realized that only half the keys were working, so I
eventually rechecked my lircrc... and for some reason half of it was
incorrect!

So, those were my pitfalls. Hope this helps!

-Y