[mythtv-users] can't change channel + can't delete live-tv recording

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Dec 6 03:51:58 UTC 2006

* On Tue Dec 05, 2006 at 05:35:51PM -0800, Bart Castelijns wrote:
> The complete and correct messsage is:
>
> This recording is currently in use by debian (recording)
>
> Perhaps this means the recording isn't being played?

OK, I know what's going on now.  The code explicitly will not let
you delete a LiveTV recording that is in-progress.  That is because
we assume that someone is watching it.  I'm not even sure if the
normal delete would work on one of these LiveTV recordings since
it isn't a normal recording.  The only way to get around this is
to restart your backend.  You need to fix the underlying issue of
why the backend can't tune the channel and caused the player to
timeout.

The relevant portion of code in mythfrontend/playbackbox.cpp is

#define REC_CAN_BE_DELETED(rec) \
    ((((rec)->programflags & FL_INUSEPLAYING) == 0) && \
     ((((rec)->programflags & FL_INUSERECORDING) == 0) || \
      ((rec)->recgroup != "LiveTV")))

We use that REC_CAN_BE_DELETED macro in a few places to determine
whether the recording can be deleted or not.  You might try the
"Stop Recording" button from the popup menu, but I'm not sure if that
will work either in this case.

--
Chris