[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Aspect/Zoom Override Menu UI

Scott Doty scott at sonic.net
Wed Dec 6 00:50:23 UTC 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 09:08:04AM -0500, Daniel Kristjansson wrote (on
mythtv-dev):
> I've talked before about the need to separate aspect overrides from the
> zoom modes. Outside of Australia we detect the true aspect ratio most
> of the time, but zoom modes are not easily detected. If the zoom mode
> were separate it would only have 3 items: no zoom, letterbox zoom and
> fill. Aspect override would have 3 items: use detected aspect, use 4:3
> and use 16:9...
>
> Then toggling between options would be fairly easy.

Perfect segway... unless this is a user question. :\

Problem (bug?):  I've managed to get my dct-6200 video in a state that not all
video shows up when I attempt to watch either tv or a recording from the
firewire box.  The only display is a 480x480 (it looks like) patch from the
upper-left of the video.

In this case, no aspect selectable via "w" displays all the video.  There
_is_ a "firewire" entry in recording profiles, which reports that image size
is 480x480 -- but my attempts to change that don't stick.

I worked spiffily before, and I hope it's just a configuration problem --
but alas, I wonder if its just that, or an honest-to-goodness bug.

I'm using Fedora Core 6, pulling myth* from atrpms[*].

 -Scott

[*] There's been talk on the freenode/#fedora channel about building mythtv for FC6,
but I'm not sure what state they're in... I know some FC users don't like
atrpms, but they're the only game in town if you want a yum-managed mythtv
installation...

If no one else has seen this problem, I could check out the sources and
start playing with it, but I'd rather avoid that at this point, for reasons
to arcane to go into here...

-----
# rpm -qa | grep myth
mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy-0.20031214-4.at
mythtv-0.20-147.1.fc6.at
mythbrowser-0.20-147.1.fc6.at
myththemes-0.20-110.at
mythgallery-0.20-147.1.fc6.at