[mythtv-users] preview video in recordings for wide theme

Jan Vilhuber jan at vilhuber.com
Tue Dec 5 22:24:17 UTC 2006

On Dec 4, 2006, at 6:30 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 12/01/2006 12:36 PM, Jan Vilhuber wrote:
>> I switched my theme to a -wide version (titivillus, I think), and now
>> the video preview on the 'watch programs' section is weird: It seems
>> to start out in 4:3, but then only the top 2/3's keep updating,
>> leaving the bottom third unchanged.
>>
>> Anyone else see this and know how to fix it?
>
> Are you using a widescreen output and display device?

Yes, as far as I understand your question. It's an HDTV..

> Have you properly
> specified the aspect ratio to X?

I would think yes, but am unsure exactly what you mean. The rest of
the screen certainly is fine and knows it's a 720p output (1280x720).
Is there some place to tell it aspect ratio as well?

Note it's ONLY the preview that's wrong... Looks like it's also wrong
in the non-wide version (it's mythcenter, BTW... my bad), though the
symptoms are a bit different (the bottom third doesn't even display,
rather than displaying then freezing).

jan