[mythtv-users] remote macro for Random slide show

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Mon Dec 4 06:03:11 UTC 2006

When I am not watching any TV, I really like to use the Image Gallery set
to Random, pointed to a huge collection of digital automobilia I collect.
I was about to ask the list about how to do macros for my remote control
to let me jump right into the slideshow, and then had a Google-It moment
and checked there first, where I found an old list posting that said how
to do it.

Maybe someone else will find this handy.

First I needed to make a keyboard shortcut for MythGallery since there
isn't one by default. I used Ctrl-I. It would be better if there was one
assigned by default so that I don't have to worry about the one I chose
being usurped by something in the future.

Then I put this block of definitions in my .lircrc

# My Pictures --------------------------------------------------------
#
# open MythGallery
begin
    prog   = mythtv
    button = Pictures
    config = Ctrl+I
end

# the overlay Menu
begin
    prog   = mythtv
    button = Pictures
    config = M
end

# down to Random
begin
    prog   = mythtv
    button = Pictures
    config = Down
end

# Enter and enjoy!
begin
    prog   = mythtv
    button = Pictures
    config = Enter
end
#

Stop and restart Myth, and I can now use the My Pictures button on my MCE
remote to jump into my slideshow.