[mythtv-users] can't change channel + can't delete live-tv recording

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Dec 4 05:08:36 UTC 2006

* On Sun Dec 03, 2006 at 04:55:14PM -0800, Bart Castelijns wrote:
> Now, when using the frontend on my PC (debian-distribution), in Livetv, I cannot change channels. When I do, livetv exits and the main menu appears. When I try to reenter livetv I get this message:

> Now, when I go to 'manage recordings' and then 'delete recordings' and
> select the LiveTV recording and tap enter, the following message is
> displayed: 'This recording is currently in use by (debian)'. It seems
> I'm not allowed to delete the recording.

Sounds like Myth still thinks the recording is being played because LiveTV
exitted prematurely.  Myth will let you delete a recording being recorded,
but not one that is being played.

> This is what mythbackend puts out:

What do the frontend logs look like when you run the frontend with "-v all"
so that I can see why it isn't removing the flag indicating that the
recording is in use still by the player.

--
Chris