[mythtv-users] Macro

btsglw btsglw at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 14:58:00 UTC 2006

Have a look at Jump points. You can map a key sequence e.g. Ctrl+F5 to
Live TV within Mythweb settings. Once you've done that you can edit
your lircrc file to match (should be in ~.lircrc or ~.mythtv/lircrc,
something like:
begin
prog=mythtv
button=My TV
config=Ctrl+F5
end

Obviously, replace My TV with whatever text you have mapped to that
button in the lircd.conf file.

In my case I'm using a Hauppauge Silver remote that came with my
PVR-350. I've mapped the TV, Video, Music and Pictures buttons to
their respective jump points in mythtv.  I also mapped the Go button
to the main menu jump point, just in case.

HTH

Ver