[mythtv-users] LiveTV channel switching time

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Fri Dec 1 21:10:34 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 December 2006 21:19, Dag Nygren wrote:
> > So I set up a poll for the shy (and not so shy) people at:
> >
> > http://micropoll.questionpro.com/akira/MicroPoll?mode=html&id=19713
>
> OK,
>
> about 10 days, 127 votes and 60% think it is a problem.
> (The poll will be there until Dec 19th)
>
> So now back to your boxes and do some profiling to find out where
> the channel change time is spent. (A least I will try)
I finally had the time to debug "my" livetv problem:  optimize_mythdb.pl was
the solution.  You can find it in the contrib directory.

Yesterday, I replaced my backend and the live tv problems were gone.  So I
redid the upgrade step by step and I found out that the mysql database was
the problem.
After an export / import, live tv was a bit faster.  Running
optimize_mythdb.pl solved "everything".  Starting livetv takes 5 seconds,
switching channels less then 0.5 sec.

This datbase is an upgrade from 0.19 ot 0.20.  Is it possible that the upgrade
messed up something?

Stef