[mythtv-users] Are SVN MythWeb's search results/individual channel listings broken for anyone else?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 18:09:57 UTC 2006

On 31/08/06, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> > I've added a screenshot of what I'm attempting to explain above here:
> >
> > http://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/mythweb-search.jpg
>
> This is exactly what's supposed to happen.  It makes a lot more sense in
> other types of searches, but basically you have three (shown) instances
> of the show (same episode)..  9:00 PM, 9:30 PM, 1:30 AM...  The new
> search code is trying to be helpful and tell you all subsequent times
> that specific show will be on.  If you choose not to sort by airdate,
> you'd see only one instance of the show.

This would be a very useful feature \if\ the search results did not:

i) include duplicate showings (same program/different airdate) as
separate search results
ii) list matching results from the same channel available on other sources
iii) include an additional airdate for search results that are going
to be recorded.

Please see http://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/mythweb-searchresults1.jpg
for a better illustration.

I'm guessing the real desired behaviour requires the channum/callsign
result aggreagation to be fixed first though.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/