[mythtv-users] Live TV works, recording doesn't. Any suggestions?

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Thu Aug 31 12:53:25 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 11:18:41PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:18:41 -0400
> From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Live TV works,
> 	recording doesn't.  Any suggestions?
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On 08/30/06 20:37, Patrick Ouellette wrote:
>
> >I'm having a strange problem with CVS.  Watching live TV works fine, but
> >recording doesn't.  The logs make it look like it should have recorded,
> >the database updates and thinks it recorded, but the file does not get
> >created.
> >
> >I didn't see any obvious problems in the back end log with -v all.
> >I'm open to suggestions...
> >

> Sounds like an error in the configuration of your input
> connections/video sources.  Check mythtv-setup carefully.  You may get
> best results by using the Delete All button in the video sources and
> then re-configuring all the video sources, channels, connecting video
> sources to inputs, etc.

I suppose I should add that it USED to work just fine.  It stopped
working around Aug 13, but I wasn't paying attention to exactly what
changes happened then.

I'll try a delete all and see what happens.

Thanks,

Pat

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"