[mythtv-users] How to delete all guide data?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 00:41:25 UTC 2006

On 31/08/06, Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
> > On 08/30/06 09:38, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> > To delete the program data through the GUI, you currently need to use
> > the delete all button to delete all your video sources, then reconfigure
> > your video sources, then associate sources with inputs, then exit
> > mythtv-setup, then re-run mythfilldatabase.
>
> And other source/program related material (e.g. channels, schedules,
> recordings...) will remain intact? More specifically, what else will
> I need to do after the 'associate sources' to regain my original setup?

If you choose to delete ALL video sources, the operation deletes all
program listings, video sources, configured card input, and channels.
You will need to recreate your video source, recreate the channels
attached to the video source, configure the listings grabber, reattach
the video source to the correct capture card input. Recording rules
may continue to work afterwards if channels are recreated with the
same callsigns and channel numbers.

If you delete just a single video source, nothing is deleted except
the video source itself. Any channels or listings data attached to
this video source are left intact (see ticket
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2269).

Going the SQL route is probably the quickest, even though there is
potential for risk - backup your database beforehand in any case.
Hopefully when the above ticket is looked at for 0.21 the changeset
will also take care of removing program listings associated with a
single deleted video source in addition to its channels.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/