[mythtv-users] ./configure options

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 30 17:33:27 UTC 2006

On 08/30/06 12:18, Carl Youngblood wrote:

>On 8/30/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>

>>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/211917#211917
>>
>>Oh, and BTW, this is exactly why SVN users are asked to subscribe to
>>/and read/ the -dev and -commits lists.
>>
>Thanks for the warning.  I realize I'm taking my life into my hands.

More to the point I was trying to make, those of us who do (spend a
great deal of our own time trying to) keep up with the -dev and -commits
lists don't necessarily understand why we should spend a great deal of
our time posting answers to questions that were answered on those lists
just to save someone else from having to spend his/her time reading the
lists.  (Why should my free time be less valuable than someone else's.)

But, sometimes someone will answer the question, anyway.

Now, if it's someone who generally does keep up, but may have missed
something, that's a whole other situation.  If it's someone who's just
starting with Myth and who has subscribed to the lists and who is
starting to read them, that's another situation.  Unfortunately, though,
it's not always easy to tell if this is the case, so I tend to include
the reminder to read those lists regardless.  That way, the reminder is
there--if not for the OP--for others reading the lists/archives.

Mike