[mythtv-users] ./configure options

Carl Youngblood carl at youngbloods.org
Wed Aug 30 16:18:25 UTC 2006

On 8/30/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/211917#211917
>
> Oh, and BTW, this is exactly why SVN users are asked to subscribe to
> /and read/ the -dev and -commits lists.
>
> And, if you're the type who likes to "preview" the next version (i.e.
> compiling SVN now so you can see what 0.20 will be like), that means you
> should be reading the lists during the entire development of the next
> version (i.e. from the point 0.19 is released until 0.20 is released).
> If that's too much work for you, just wait until the next version is
> released by your packager...

Thanks for the warning.  I realize I'm taking my life into my hands.
The reason I wanted to compile from svn was because someone on the
pchdtv forum said that he ended up having to do so in order to
successfully use his pchdtv 5500 card in both digital and analog
modes, due to this patch:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1133

which apparently won't be released until 0.20.  I suppose I should
subscribe to the devel lists.  I'll check them out.

Carl