[mythtv-users] How to delete all guide data?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 30 14:24:44 UTC 2006

On 08/30/06 09:38, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

>Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>

>>My guide data is scrambled and I want to remove everything. I will then
>>run mythfilldatabase to grab good data.
>>
>>How do I do this, preferable without directly fiddling with mysql?
>>

>There should be a button either when starting mythtv-setup or within
>mythtv-setup to clear all program data.

Believe it or not, those were actually removed before 0.19 (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/154632#154632 ) and
replaced with delete all buttons--yeah, I know, it's getting hard to
remember when things changed in Myth.

To delete the program data through the GUI, you currently need to use
the delete all button to delete all your video sources, then reconfigure
your video sources, then associate sources with inputs, then exit
mythtv-setup, then re-run mythfilldatabase.

Or, you can use mysql client to do:

TRUNCATE TABLE program;

or

DELETE FROM program;