[mythtv-users] [OTish] Pronto/NetRemote-alike software for Linux (free as in beer too, if poss.)

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 30 13:50:15 UTC 2006

Note: I have googled this, but have so far not dug anything up.

Just wondering if anyone has seen software that lets you build a GUI for
controlling all your kit, including macros, and stuff like that. I don't use
Windows, and don't want to, just to create a remote layout.

So I was wondering if anyone was aware of some software that does this sort of
thing under Linux. I've seen stuff like Mister House, but the interface (web
based) is kind of ugly, and it's way OTT for my usage with all the additional
HA stuff.

I've had some initial thoughts on this, but don't want to waste time on
something that already exists.

This is my trivial example:
- Push button on control device (i.e. bluetooth phone, or a 770)
- Always on system with "hub" receives command.
- Frontend woken up (WOL)
- Wait till Frontend ready
- Power on AMP
- Power on TV
- Wait preset time (AMP and TV take a few seconds)
- Set AMP to optical input
- Set TV to DVI input

As it stands I have two remotes (TV, and possibly a bidi AMP remote), a
keyboard and a mouse. I also have one of those mickey mouse iMon remotes that
talk a different IR protocol to 99.99999% of remotes out there. It'd be nice
to get rid of all this clutter.

Thanks for your thoughts...
--
Steve Boddy