[mythtv-users] ./configure options

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 06:21:38 UTC 2006

--- Carl Youngblood <carl at youngbloods.org> wrote:

> On 8/29/06, Carl Youngblood
> > XvMC OpenGL sup. no
> > bindings_perl    no
>
> Update: I got JACK and DTS enabled, but still can't
> figure out how to
> enable xvmc opengl and perl bindings.

At the risk of sounding like a pompous, arrogant
<insert word of choice here>, I'd say that chances
are, if you don't know what an option does, you
probably don't need to include it in your build.  Even
though I'm a diehard geek, to me, less is more.  (And
not in the pager sense.)

I don't know about perl bindings, but for XvMC OpenGL
to work, you need to have the right combination of
libraries on your system.  I haven't figured it out
yet, and as far as I can tell, XvMC OpenGL doesn't
give me any benefits (next sentence).

I don't know if this is the current situation still or
not, (or if it applies, since the wording is somewhat
vague) but a posting by Daniel K. (the code maintainer
for XvMC) indicates that you might not want to enable
XvMC OpenGL:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/203431?search_string=xvmc%20opengl;#203431

-- Joe