[mythtv-users] Getting All Channels with Rogers Digital Cable

Taylan Pince taylan at taylanpince.com
Wed Aug 30 05:07:35 UTC 2006

Hello,

After two nights of preparations, I finally have my MythTV box
running on FC4 happily... more or less!

The problem seems to be with my cable provider, but I just wanted to
get some advice before trying anything else. I have the full TV
package from Rogers Digital Cable in Toronto, Canada. When I run the
cable connection directly to my PVR-350's tuner input, I only seem to
be able to see the first 30 channels or so (the basic package) on
MythTV. The rest of the channels only show static.

I can of course run the cable through the Rogers Digital Receiver and
fix MythTV on one channel (3). Then I can see all the channels by
using the receiver, but that beats the whole purpose of setting up a
MythTV box.

I found some information on the wiki about the channels.conf file and
the QAM cable layout, but I have no idea where the channels.conf file
is located. So I couldn't try this yet, not sure if it'll help:

http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/
Working_QAM_cable_layout#channels.conf_files

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Cheers,
Taylan