[mythtv-users] Complete newbie - stuck at first hurdle

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Tue Aug 29 22:06:53 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 22:47, Ben Edwards (lists) wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 17:42 -0400, William Munson wrote:
> > Alan Chandler wrote:
> > > I have JUST started to set up mythtv.  I aim to have a backend on my
> > > server and run a frontend, initially on my workstation, and later, if I
> > > can get that to work on another computer that my wife uses.

> Not sure if this is any help but Ubuntu may support your card out of the
> box, it supports my Nova-T.

Not really, Debian is the base for ubuntu - and I understand much of the
differences.  I can't really change it from Debian beacuse of the other
things this box has been set up for, and my being comfortable with the Debian
way.

I have started a new thread with a better title which explains what my
problems are more specifically.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk