[mythtv-users] MythMusic smart playlists?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Aug 29 13:10:44 UTC 2006

Robin Gilks wrote:
> Greetings
>
> OK - I've read the code - how the hell do I use them...
>
> Just tried this... (SVN 10956)
>
> I hit Menu  - I can now select Smart Playlists
> I hit OK    - enter smart playlists
> I hit 2     - New
> I hit up    - get to the catagory box
> I hit OK    - get a catagory dialog
> I hit up    - highlight the catagory name
> Enter a string ('Stuff' in this case)
> I hit down  - highlight the New Catagory box
> I hit OK    - the dialog closes
> I hit down  - highlight the Title
> Enter a string ('Test' in this case)
> I hit down  - get to the Match box
> I hit down  - leave match at Any
> I hit right - several time until I get to Genre
> I hit down  - get to the condition
> I hit down  - leave the condition at equals
> I hit down  - skip over the text input
> I hit OK    - now I've got a list of genre
> I move down to blues
> I hit OK    - selects blues
> I hit down  - several times to get to Order
> I hit down  - get to the Order box
> I hit OK    - select from the list
> I hit 1     - a couple of times to add (Artist and Album) to the order
> I hit 7     - OK the order list
>

> So now what - the save button isn't highlighted so I can't do stuff all
> apart from select Cancel.
>
> Have I missed something here or am I supposed to shout plugh and turn
> round three times? Or is it broken at present? (yes, I have lots of songs
> in the database in the blues genre!!)
>
> Grrrr

Looks like something got broke during the DB schema change. It works for
me on svn from about 3/4 weeks ago but doesn't work on current svn.

This commit is probably the culprit :-
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/10893

It's not working with these fields Artist, Album, Compilation,
Compilation Artist, Genre and Date Imported.

It would be a good idea to open a ticket and get this fixed before the
release of 0.20.

Paul H.