[mythtv-users] Anyone used a PCHD card in or near Atlanta, GA?

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Tue Aug 29 01:12:07 UTC 2006

Richard Bronosky wrote:
> I'm considering taking the plunge into HD with a PCHD5500.  Iwould
> like to hear of anyone's experience using comcast in Atlanta (or more
> specifically Dallas,GA) with this card.  Which if any channels will it
> receive via cable?

Close, but not close enough, I fear.  I just installed an A180 on
Comcast in Chattanooga.  I get ESPNHD, PBS (HD and 3 sub channels), ABC,
CBS and NBC.  You can also tune the video bits that show up in the
windows in OnDemand (weird looking as they are in two squares so the
menus can overlay them), and all of the music channels, but these are
useless in Myth as far as I can tell.  I would assume GA Comcast to be
similar.  Sometimes I get a movie on the same frequency as the OnDemand
stuff, with a different PID, which I assume is someone else's OnDemand
movie, but trying to use the cable box to start a movie playing and then
finding it hasn't worked yet.

I get a lot more channels with the firewire connection from the cable
box.  Many are not 5C'ed over firewire, even though the QAM stream is
encrypted on the cable.

Jeff.