[mythtv-users] D11 USB control via Windows

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Aug 28 13:13:54 UTC 2006

On 8/26/06, Jesse Keeler <jesse.keeler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> COM Port: 3
> Line Speed: 115200
> Parity: No
> Data: 8
> Stop Bits: 1
> Flow Control: No
>
> D11 Sub Model: My box says: RID 0003 9286 8402 MDL: D11 MFR: 500 FCCID:
> D62D11

Hmm, that's the same model I have, and all the settings sound like
they are correct. Which brand of USB->Serial cable are you using? I
would double-check the null modem cable as well to make sure, but the
fact that you are getting anything back at all leads me to believe
it's the box that is being a problem.

Have you tried unplugging the box from the wall completely to really
reset it? I would also try setting the flow control to various other
methods, although I don't think that is the problem. Do any of the
commands product a result on the box? I would try the "power on/off"
commands to see if they do as advertised. It's possible that your box
is still accepting commands but just not returning the right results -
is it actually changing channels when you issue those commands?

 - Jeff