[mythtv-users] Videocast and Podcast browthing... on MythTV???

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Aug 27 22:27:22 UTC 2006

On Aug 27, 2006, at 3:18 PM, David Bennett wrote:

> The archives haven't been too kind, but I am looking for something to
> get my daily fix of video podcasts.
>
> Is there some sort of plugin or program (combination) that I could use
> to automatically download my video podcasts and have them viewable in
> MythTV? I suppose something that grabs podcasts separately and dumps
> them in a MythVideo viewable directory would suffice, but a more
> native-type-plugin way of doing it would be fantastic.
>
> How does everyone else do it?
>
> I mainly use iTunes to get my video podcasts, but I am presuming they
> are all available from some sort of RSS/XML concoction.
>
> Thanks
> david

Someone had mentioned trying to come up with something a while back
but I don't think anything ever came of it. MythStream is probably a
good place to start since it can aggregate files from xml/rss feeds I
believe. I haven't had a whole lot of luck with it, though. Just some
audio that worked. The rest seemed fail due to a lack of audio/video
players I had installed.