[mythtv-users] OT: Dish Network - LIRC - Serial hack

Brian Long long.brian.m at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 21:42:15 UTC 2006

On 8/27/06, Mark <fairlane at springcom.com> wrote:
> That's not going to work for me, one of the WAF requirements is that my
> techno-phobe wife has the capability
> of changing the channel with the remote whenever she wants, if she gets
> tired of the quirks of myth.  She doesn't like
> live tv mode either.  I can't get her to just accept it as a
> time-shifting gift.   So, I have to leave the IR uncovered.
> Maybe I should just get a spare box just for her...  <shrug>

I actually have a simular situation, and I did get spare box to fix
it.  The Dish boxes have several remote commands and you can just
switch the box that the wife uses so that it will use a different code
than the standard, (easy to switch the dish remotes as well).  Only
real downside for me was the $5 a month for an extra box, I already
had an old 301 sitting around that works for this great.  BTW, the
MyBlaster serial worked with very little problems for me.

--
Brian Long
long.brian.m at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/brianlong