[mythtv-users] Multiple ATI Remote Wonders

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 21:12:45 UTC 2006

On 8/26/06, Jack Trout <witmore1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I Personally use 2 of the Remote Wonders in my house one 2 different front
> ends, First comments that I had read that this wouldnt be possible. I had
> problems initially getting LIRC working so I removed the Kernel Modules and
> went with running lircd with lircd -H atilibusb, then I manually setup my
> lircd.confs with irrecord. Initially the remotes are coded to ID 16, so my
> first remote is on ID 16, and my second remote is on ID 6, with each front
> end with the lircd.conf created on its related ID from irrecord being
> careful to name each button the same as the other so I could use the same
> lircrc for mythtv and other programs. with no other changes made than the
> lircd file, my frontends only respond to one remote.

You might search the archives for the following post from 11-7-05,

 HOWTO for Multiple ATI Remote Wonder remotes

After I solved the problems from last November, I wrote a short HOWTO.

I now have three ATI Remote Wonder remotes controlling three separate
MythTV systems, located in a room adjacent to the TV room.  RF remotes
work well for me, not only controlling the systems, but also keeping the
noise level down to a minimum.

--
MM