[mythtv-users] Having GDM autostart ratpoison

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 23:37:50 UTC 2006

> This did not work for me.  It is still loading up kde automatically.
> Very frustrating as I know I have set it up so that user mythtv can
> autologin via gdm to ratpoison, but I can't remember how I did it.

Here's my ~mythtv/.xsession file. I also removed kde altogether.

#!/bin/bash

/usr/X11R6/bin/xset s noblank
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset s off
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset -dpms s off

# Set numlock on
#exec setleds +num >/dev/null
/usr/bin/numlockx

### Only start irexec if there isn't one already running.
IREXECSTS=`ps -e | grep irexec | grep -v grep | wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`
if [ $IREXECSTS -eq 0 ]
then
   irexec --daemon /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
fi

nvidia-settings --load-config-only &
exec /usr/bin/ratpoison